Friday, January 13, 2006

Once upon a Wednesday...

Once upon a wednesday I went to the Ballet with Samantha, to Prokoviev's Cinderella in fact. It was awesome, performed by the Ukrainian National ballet troupe and the Prokoviev Orchestra, its awesome to be able to attend so many great concerts over here.

I've basically been busy Ninja-ing. Pretty much everyday, if felt good to get back to training after the long harsh winter break. Oh those long days of waiting, endless waiting ended. In fact those 10 days went rather quickly in r-r-retrospect...

Recently I've purchased many weapons... and am becoming proficient in their uses, several have commented that "you'll cut your arm off" or "what a waste of money", i've replied with "have you ever seen what a Sai looks like when you shove it up someones nose?" (one of the several uses of a Okinawan Sai, among others carrying bales of hay i've been told)

I've also discovered/learned how to create a perfectly acceptable Ninja Hood which is part of my overall Shinobi Shozoku (the classic black suit)



I think Andy and I will be utilising this newfound skill when we take to the mountains on Saturday to Train in the forest.

I've been to see a few fils recently lately... Matchpoint by Woody "did you know i'm jewish" Allen and Brokeback Mountain by Ang Lee.

Well Matchpoint was terrible and by terrible I mean shite. In one word i'll sum it up... *cough* Totalshitewoodyallenhasneverbeentolondonanddoesntknowhowtowriteanymore *cough*

Brokeback mountain on the otherhand.. well its was literally a "touching tail" (i'm making a joke, i know how to spell "tale") of two gay cowboys, it made me feel really sad. it's keyword is most definitely: "GayCowBoys"

I also managed to snap one of my harder than hard white oak staffs in half, "how did he do that" i hear my numerous/millions of reader say in unison, well i used my awesome Chi powers and/or bent it too far over my shoulder. Luckily its still under warranty so i'll get a replacement.

I'm going to prague on monday for a while, by while i mean until friday. I'm going with Sam and I know a few phrases in Czech, which may come in handy.

Lije jako z konve
It's raining as if from a watering can

I think that will be useful, most useful.

Well Avid readers I best be off, but lastly I'll mention Samantha's 21st Birthday party... It involved Chopsticks and 99 red ballons...I'll briefly relate the story...

It was a stormy welsh afternoon as St.John's Clocktower struck 3pm, though Samantha sailed gracefully along the pavement as if it were a calm day. A trip to the bay ensued followed by warm beverages and the greatest cake i have ever tasted (toffee-banoffee pie). Our stomachs filled we headed out to sea, on the £4 return ferry to Penarth, a faraway location that takes 15 minutes to sail to across the most dangerous waters known to Cardiffians, we made it but only just and as such were stranded until the next ferry/bus but discoved a most splendiferous area of expensive yachts and cute houses in the process of exploring to take up time. After the return journey, where how cool taking a boat actually is had finally "sunk" in, we proceeded to head into the bowels of the welsh opera house (the so called millenium centre though i doubt that in a millenium anyone will go there and see crappy musicals) to consume hot chocolate and overly expensive shortcake biscuits (a fu*king pound!!! for 2!?!?!) and absorb the phenomenon that is overly happy jazz music for a while. (the drummer was looking so happy that I actually thought he was retarded for sometime until i noticed that he did in fact possess the ability to close his mouth at intervals and not drool with inane smiling drumminginduced jazzy happiness, i mean it wasn't that great a jazz concert, it was free afterall) Somehow after that we ended up at a Doctor Who exhibit....Then we waited for some other people who arrived and I pretended that we were going all going bowling (Samantha's achilles heel) but no! I was lying! bwuhahaha! and we were actually going for a superawesome superexpensive chinese/thai/japanese meal?!?!?!!

From the menu
...there is no sequence in order - relating to how you could eat desert first and starters last hence no sequence in order. It was a menu of Zenness and was totally awesome.

after the meal we went to toms house and there were 99 red ballons there and an accompanying song that was written, i believe, specifically for this occassion. It was then decided that Sam should run around covered in said ballons until she herself looked like a red balloon, this was achieved and a taxi home was taken as toms neighbours were pissy and middle aged and stuff and we all had to leave.

Yea so thats the story of Sam's birthday.

Joyously I also received my student card renewal sticker today! (my uni are too cheap to send new cards out every year...) specially forwarded by Ullie Koolie for my student discounting pleasure!

In precis, thats what I call a superawesome time.

A View  in the Dark,,,


I took this photo down the bay and dedicate it to all the seagulls and cute baby seals that have lost their homes due to the flooding caused by the building of a big wall of sand designed to keep english people out of Cardiff Bay. May those impoverished seagulls keep shitting on the heads of the politicians who built by hand the wall of sand until the day the wall is broken and may the cute baby seals remain cute and force the politicians to reconsider. amen.


For those of you who have persevered down to here I salute you.

1 Comments:

Blogger spoiledregin said...

Hey Simon, when do you drop by Spoiled Ink Writing Community???
Just wanted to mention that Ekstra Bladet had a great article about the Danish/French gay prince Henrik going with one of his "friends" to watch Brokeback... hmmmm... here's the link:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=329889

Enjoy, your stay in Prague...

13/1/06 09:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"Life has no meaning a priori...It is up to you to give it a meaning, and value is nothing but the meaning that you choose." - J.P Sartre